Friday 1 March 2013

Book Review : Just Listen by Sarah Dessen


Synopsis: Last year, Annabel was "the girl who has everything" — at least that's the part she played in the television commercial for Kopf's Department Store. This year, she's the girl who has nothing: no best friend because mean-but-exciting Sophie dropped her, no peace at home since her older sister became anorexic, and no one to sit with at lunch. Until she meets Owen Armstrong. Tall, dark, and music-obsessed, Owen is a reformed bad boy with a commitment to truth-telling. With Owen's help, maybe Annabel can face what happened the night she and Sophie stopped being friends.



My Review
What can i say? This book is simply amazing. It is the first Sarah Dessen Book I have read and i can not wait to read more. I Loved the Character of Annabel, she is strong but then  you see her weakness'. At the start we see her as someone who keeps everything hidden away, but towards the end she because a person some people may see her as weak but i see this as the strongest we see her. I Also LOVE the Character of Owen, he is my kinda guy. Tall, Dark, Handsome, Sexy, Mysterious and into music, what can be better? I love they way he cared for Annabel in his own way, it was cute. I thought the Story line was very strong, and it hit people in many different ways, especially when we find out Annabel's secret. The Only part that got on my nerves was Owen's continues of telling Annabel about telling the truth, her just kept on saying it, that  i wanted to punch him in the face.  Don't get me wrong, i know what telling the truth is good and right but after him saying it alot, it got on my nerves. 

My Favourite quotea from this book are;
“Don't think or judge, just listen.”
“There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying.” 

I gave this book 4.5 Starts 

No comments:

Post a Comment