Wednesday 6 March 2013

Book Review: Looking For Alaska by John Green


Synopsis: 
Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. Then he heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.
After. Nothing is ever the same.




                    My Review

What can i say about this book, it is absolutely amazing. It is the first John Green book that I have read and let me tell you, i can not wait to read more. I love that this book does not have a girl that is the main Character.   also love that the male lead of this book, is not the typical YA male you see. He is not the popular guy, he is the shy one that hides in the corner. Miles is this boy that is not the rebel type. He is looking for the 'Great Perhaps.' I found it very intriguing that Miles remembered peoples last worst, i was something very different that i have not seen before. I also love the Character of Alaska Young like with Miles, I have not really read a character like her before.  So when the big shock happened i was in a very bad state. I had a thought that something bad would happened, but what happened was a big shock to me. I pretty much cried for the last half of the book. They Way Miles thought and acted it was very emotional and hard. I love they way John Green writes, but let me tell you John Green knows how to rip my heart out of my chest, grab it, throw it on the floor and step on it. I loved the Story line, the love the Characters, i just loved everything about this book. 
My Favourite Quotes from this book are:

“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
“Sometimes you lose a battle. But mischief always wins the war”


I Give This Book 5 Starts out of 5 






No comments:

Post a Comment