Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. All Bloogers are then welcomed to join. This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is: Top Ten Books I Was Forced to Read (either by teachers, friends, other bloggers, reviews)
So alot of these books were what I had to read for school, I had no other choice but to read them. I actually could not get to 10 as I have not really been forced to read anything expect for school required book. These are in no particular order;
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin: I was forced to read Pride and Prejudice this year, for my English Literature class and I hate to say this but I just don’t like it. I find that I cannot connect with Classical book so it’s hard for me to enjoy it and I also dislike Mr Darcy *hides away in a corner*
2. Othello by William Shakespeare: This again is what I had to read this year for my English Literature Class. I just did not like this as it was hard to understand as it is in modern English
3. MacBeth by William Shakespeare: I was assigned to readthis last year for English and for a 15 year this is hard to read. To say I didn’t like it would be an understatement. As said before as it was not in modern English it was hard for me to grasp.
4. Into White Silence by Anthony Eaton : I had to read this last year for English and I have no idea why they picked this book. It is soooo boring and I think I read about 5 chapters and stopped I could not read anymore. Still managed to get an A+ for my Essay on it but.
5. Frankenstein by Mary Shelly (adapted byPhillip Pullman): I actually quite enjoyed this book. It was understandable. I actually liked reading it and I think that’s because I like the gothic, dark kind of novels.
6. Tomorrow when the War began by John Marsden:So This I read 2 years ago the same year the movie come out. I wanted to read it before I watched the movie because the trailer looked awesome and guess what it was on my book list. I really enjoyed this book and went on to read the rest of the series.
7. The Gathering by Isobelle Carmody: I had to read this when I was in year 8 in high school, that was about 3 /4 years ago. I just did not enjoy it. I found it very wired and boring.
So these are the only book I was able to come up with. As I said before I only really read book I want to read, as these book were required by school I had to read them.
What do you think about my list?
What is on your list?