Saturday 12 October 2013

Book Review: Seven Day Fiancé (Love and Games #2) by Rachel Harris


First Published: October 14th 2013
Pages: 211 (ebook)
Publisher:  Entangled: Bliss
ISBN: 1622662385 

Synopsis 
Angelle Prejean is in a pickle. Her family is expecting her to come home with a fiancé—a fiancé who doesn't exist. Well, he exists, but he definitely has no idea Angelle told her mama they were engaged. Tattooed, muscled, and hotter than sin, Cane can reduce Angelle to a hot mess with one look—and leave her heart a mess if she falls for him. But when she ends up winning Cane at a charity bachelor auction, she knows just how to solve her fiancé problem.

Cane Robicheaux is no one’s prince. He doesn't do relationships and he doesn't fall in love. When sweet, sultry-voiced Angelle propositions him, he hopes their little game can finally get her out of his head. He doesn't expect her to break through all his barriers. But even as Angelle burrows deeper into his heart, he knows once their seven days are up, so is their ruse.


Review

I received an ARC of Seven Day Fiancé and in return a honest review. I am so glad I received this book as I adored it. It was a fun, entertaining read. 


I had not read a Rachel Harris book going into reading Seven Day Fiancé including the first in the series but you don’t need to read the first book to be able to read this one. I really didn't get confused, and I didn't even realise it was the second in a series. But now that I know I have to pick the first book up.

The way that Rachel Harris writes in this book was very intriguing and the word choice was very advance which was pleasant refreshment from reading YA novels. Everything was very detailed and it made me visualize everything happening, where it was happening and what was happening so much more. I also found there were a fair few metaphors in the book and I quite enjoyed it. It made it quite different to what I have read before. 

I really loved most of the characters. They were quite enjoyable to read about and see them slowly develop. I love that Angelle is not that annoying main character we sometimes get in books that always complain. She is like this innocent girl and it takes her ages to admit what she is really thinking, but once she does oh my. I like her I normally read characters that are very confident in themselves.

Cane, Cane, Cane. What can I say about Cane, not is he hot and sexy, he is amazing and sweet.  The way he talks about Angelle about her is just so cute yet so hot. He talks to her so sweetly but then steamy. I love the contrast of both. That he can be this beautiful man that talks about his love like she is a queen but then talks like she is the sexiest human in the world.

They both have these barriers up, but once they get to know each other they let them down. I love the development of this in the book and how they slowly start to fall for each other even though it is only 7 days it seems so much more, I kind of forgot it’s was only 7 Days. The Chemistry between Angelle and Cane was so well done. Watching both of them slowly get to know each other and in due course have nearly everyone believing that there in a relationship expect themselves, was perfect. I wanted to scream so many times and tell them just to get together already.

Pretty much, the whole book but a smile on my face. It was funny, and steamy and I loved it. The Scene where Cane meets Angelle’s family was hilarious, it remained me of My Big Fat Greek Wedding where he meets her family, I have no idea why but it did. And if you have not seen that movie Shame on you! But there were some moments when I felt like I wanted to cry, especially when Angelle tells Cane what happen to her sister, It was such a powerful scene and so emotional. Also when Cane realizes her loves Angelle, I just felt so bad for him, but then I didn't but my feelings. And the letter oh my, they letter.  I loved all the clique scene, I love romance so, they made me melt.

The only thing I wanted more of was character development I just felt it lacked a little bit. Not alot, but I felt like I need more.  I really liked the story line, yes there is probably many of these type of stories around, but I don’t know why this book stands out to me.
  
I Give this book a 4 out of 5 Stars.

Have you read Seven Day Fiancé? What did you think of yet? If you haven’t would you read it



















No comments:

Post a Comment