Wednesday 14 August 2013

Book Review: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Synopsis:
Blood doesn't lie...
Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...

My Review

I could not have been happier reading Bloodlines, being captivated into the world that Richelle Mead brought into existence. The Story started off with Sydney and the Alchemist, this was very intriguing as I was interested in the them from when Sydney was introduced in Blood Promise. I also wanted to know what happened to Sydney at the end of Last Sacrifice, so I was delighted that Sydney was our main character. After spending a while with the Alchemist, we moved Palm Springs. Were we met up with some of the our favourite Characters from VA, which i was ecstatic to read about. Rose whom has and will always be one of my favourite characters makes a quick entrance here she was herself. Abe who again is himself. Then we get Jill and Eddie, Jill whom we know now as Lissa's Sister the Moroi Queen, and Eddie, the friend we all wished we had. The we could never ever forget Adrian.. what can be said. I was always Team Dimitri throughout VA but I did Love Adrian to bits. So yes I was upset that Rose broke his heart but I was also Happy that her and Dimitri Finally could be together. But then we were left lost on what had happened to Adrian. After a slow start which could have said to be an introduction, but as it is a companion series to VA I didn't think it had to be that long. After that long patch, it started to pick up, and the Richelle Mead that I know and love come about. I love Sydney as a character, she is an amazingly strong and smart Character. I think is one of the things that I like most about Bloodlines. Sydney is brain Smart which was very refreshing from Rose's War Smart. At the start of the book Sydney was very 'Alchemist' mode but by the end of the novel she lightens up. I loved the Scenes between Sydney and Adrian, they were very cute in a way and my heart flattered. Many things shocked me throughout the novel, like Jill and what had happened at court, and that Eddie was so protective of her. When Eddie met Micah, it just tore me to bits and bits. What Adrian was going through it broke my heart to bits, even though I do believe it was partly his own fault as he can see auras. But I did still very blue about it. Along with all this, the drama of school and the 'magical' tattoo's was just wow! It was very alluring about what was happening and It made the novel more intense. It drew me in wanting to know more and more on what heck was happening. The story line picked up and got better and better as the novel progressed. The Characteristic of Adrian and Sydney Grew and I loved It. I also like that we also got to know a bit more about Jill as we still did not know that much about her.I also liked how we were kept secret of what really happened to Jill, even though I was dying to know, it made the book more consuming. I also liked Adrian in this book, we got to see a different side of him and I loved it. THE END OMG Richelle Mead and her endings. Can't even explain my feelings at those last few sentences. 

I have to give this book 4.5 Stars  

Some of my favourite Quotes from Bloodlines
“I decided the Alchemists needed an entire department devoted to handling Adrian Ivashkov.” 
“The greatest changes in history have come when people were able to shake off what others told them to do.” 





















   

No comments:

Post a Comment