Sunday 4 August 2013

Book Review: City of Glass Cassandra Clare



Synopsis:
To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City - whatever the cost?


My Review 


So what can I say, Cassandra what do you too me? I read City of Glass as soon as i finished City of Ashes and I was not disappointed at all. It was fasted pasted, action packed, dramatic and romanced filled, which to me makes a really good novel. 
I loved that we got more information about characters and the characterisation of Clary and 

Jace and all the other Characters. I loved the Character development of the 'minor' characters of Simon, Isabelle, Alec, Mangus, Luke and so on.  The plot of City of Glass made me never want to put the book down, it just pulled me more into it. Some lose ends that came forth in the earlier books were explained and put together. I love that Clary is not this weak little main female, but a strong female. She does what she thinks is right for the ones she loves. Jace again, does Cassandra Clare want to kill me with him. We finally, see his other side, his 'weak' side, and I loved it.  I have said this time and time again Valentine is the best Villain. Throughout the whole book, I felt bad and grossed out that I wanted Jace and Clary together the whole time.  I like that we got to know more about the Shadow hunter world and got to here and 'see' it more.  I really like the face that Clary could make here own runes, it made the more that more interesting and made the book a whole lot more interesting. I also loved the new characters that we get introduced to. 

The last few chapters ..... I don't even know what to say, just so much intensity from tragedy to me jumping up and down *cough* *cough* (Jace and Clary) it was amazingly written. I could never tell what was going to happened and I loved feeling like that. The ending was beautiful and it made me smile. 

I had no other choice but to give this book 5 out of 5 stars 







No comments:

Post a Comment