Friday 22 November 2013

Book Review: Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks #1) by Miranda Kenneally


First Published: December 1st 2011
Pages: 283 (Paperback)
Publisher:  Sourcebooks Fire
ISBN: 1402262272 

Synopsis

One of the boys 

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though--she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?


Review

I have just really started reading contemporary in the last couple of months and I'm really enjoying and Catching Jordan was not a disappointment.  It was a fun, sweet yet somewhat emotion read, that drew me in right from the start.

I really enjoyed the Story line, it wasn't all that new, but it was different. As you may tell from my reviews, I don’t really read that much contemporary, so this is all new to me. But books like this are reason why I have fallen into the contemporary trap.

At first it was really hard to grasp the book in the sense of the football side of it. I’m from Australia, so the whole concept of American Football was new to me and as I love AFL (Australian Rules Football) it was hard for me to try to remember that it was America Football they are talking about not Australian. But after a while I got the concept and was able to understand was going on in terms of all the football stuff.

I really loved Jordan, she was a really likeable character, she didn’t annoy me, or get on my nerves. She plays football, and considered ‘one of the guys.’ She is loveable and a sweat heart. She may be a tomboy, but she isn’t one of those whom don’t have a girl side to them at all, she has all those emotions any other girl has. I really connected with her alot, even though we don’t have much in common at all – She made me cry and laugh, she made everything feel real, when you heart fluttered, mine did to, when her heart broke, so did mine.  I loved the way that Miranda Kenneally  could make the reader feel that like that, the way she could captivate me just with Jordan’s Character.

There was so many different types of relationships in Catching Jordan and they all had different meanings or made me feel different. All the Relationship were very well written; I loved the dynamic that Jordan had with the Guys on the team, oh my, I just loved it. They way they interacted, made me just smile alot.  The Chemistry between the team members just I adored it and wish that I had this with a team if I was in one, they made me laugh so many times.

The relationship with her family was ... very rocky. I dislike her dad with a passion. I just wanted to scream at him so many times. It made me so angry when he was just never there for her. He was never there for her, for anything, he never believed in her. Though I disliked her Jordan’s dad with a passion, I loved that Miranda shown different sorts of relationships, including bad ones. It made the book seem more real.

The romantic relationships’ I just don’t know how to feel about them. I really dislike Love –Triangles, so that sort of frustrated me throughout the book especially because I liked them both. They both had different things about that shone to me, which made me want them to be with Jordan. So I just got frustrated with myself.  It wasn’t full of cheesy romantic moments, but it was there and I loved the cheese. 

It was overall I an amazing read that I would suggest to anyone that likes contemporary or anyone that is trying to get into contemporary and doesn’t know where to start. It has the perfect combination of romance, sport, humour and every day like dilemmas. I cannot wait to pick up the rest of the novels in the 'Series' 

  
 Some of my Favourite Quotes;

 “One thing I learned a long time ago is that even if you think you're meant to be with someone, that doesn't necessarily mean you get to be with them.”  “When unrequited love is the most expensive thing on the menu, sometimes you settle for the daily special.” 
I give Catching Jordan 4 stars out of 5

Have you read Catching Jordan yet? What did you think of it? If you haven’t do you want to?




No comments:

Post a Comment