Monday 16 September 2013

Book Review - Hunting Lila (Lila #1) Sarah Alderson


Synopsis:
The novels follow the story of Lila, a 17-year-old with the power of telekinesis, and Alex, her brother’s best friend and long-time love interest. When a mugging on the streets of South London goes horribly wrong and exposes her unique ability, Lila runs away to Southern California, where Alex and her brother are working for a secret organisation called The Unit and searching for the men who killed Lila’s mother five years before. Lila unwittingly becomes embroiled in the hunt and a suspenseful murder mystery ensues.

Published Date: August 5th 2011
Pages: 306 (Paperback)
Publisher: Simon & Schuster  UK 
ISBN: 0857071955


My Review 


I have wanted to read Hunting Lila for a while now, and I finally was able to pick it up, and I'm very glad that I did. It was an entertaining and very eventful. First the Cover is absolutely gorgeous.  The Story that Sarah created was very interesting and different. I  haven't read anything like this before, so I did find it very interesting.  The way Sarah Alderson, writes was very intriguing and I was absorbed into the novel as soon as I started reading.  I adored the Writing Style of Sarah. I also like that the story was faced paced and didn't drag on.  At the start of  the book, we are not to sure what is going on, so from the first moment we start reading the suspense starts. I love Lila our main Character, she was likable, easy to relate to in a way, and 'normal'. She wasn't a stuck up Bitch that we sometimes get with our main girl characters. She was easy relate to as she did not seem that popular girl. Yes i know if you have read this book she is not 'normal' in a sense but, in a way she is, Sorry if i am confusing you here. Ok Alex, Alex, Alex who can not like Alex, he is just amazing. I love that he is so protective of Lila, just makes him so much more likable. Alex is mysterious and gorgeous. I also love the powers that people had, it was nice and refreshing, from the other books that I have read in the last couple of months. Again the Suspense thought out the whole books was amazing, the last half was, wow, just I didn't know what was going to happen. I also like the emotions that Sarah brought through Lila, with the lose of her mum, and her brother and Alex leaving her out of the loop on alot of things. She is a very strong character. I also adored the relationships in the novel, firstly between Lila and her bother, she is just so protective of her, and the big brother that I think everyone needs, and ever brothers has their faults. And the Relationship between Lila and Alex, yes I know the clique Older Brothers friend but just come one they are amazing together.  


One of my favourite quotes is between this couple
He bent his head and in a voice that Jack couldn't hear, said, "When you came down the stairs and fell into me, that was the moment.'" Then his lips pressed against mine. 

Overall I really did like the whole concept of the whole book, the characters, the writing style. 

So I give this book 4 out of 5 stars 
























No comments:

Post a Comment