Wednesday 24 April 2013

Book Review: Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters


Synopsis: 
"Who gives a damn about their reputation? Oh, that would be me! Especially since mine had gone straight to hell in the span of thirty minutes".
Maysie Ardin is soaking up the summer before her junior year of college, shopping, hanging by the pool and shopping some more. But when her black belt in spending lands her in trouble with her parents, she is forced to take a second job at a local bar to dig herself out of a deep financial pit.
She thought she’d be miserable. But then Maysie didn’t count on Jordan Levitt, the hot, pierced and tattooed, drum playing bartender who also happens to be very interested in her. And the feelings are totally mutual.
It had the makings of the perfect romantic set up. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Boy has girlfriend? Okay, maybe not.
But attraction is a hard thing to ignore and soon Jordan and Maysie find themselves in the middle of a gossip induced firestorm. Maysie has to learn whether she can set aside her fear of public disapproval in order to be with the one she wants. Or will she let the opinions of others dictate her life and her heart?

My Review 
Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters is the first New Adult book that I have read, i found it a quick, enjoyable read, with a little of a dark edge. I liked the Characters of Maysie and Jordan, but they did get on my nerves a bit. I loved when Jordan and Maysie had there moments they were really cute, and some a bit steamy. But when they were fighting, they both just got on my nerves and I wanted to smack them in the heads. I also like the idea of Jordan in a bad, I also love that he has tattoo's I am a sucker for tattoo's so that did make me like Jordan a bit better. I liked the idea of Maysie working at the bar, I found it very interesting.  The back stories behind the whole book were interesting as well, like the relationship with her parents, I didn't like her Dad one bit, but i guess he was written that way. Overall it was an good read, it is a steamy book so i don't recommend to anyone under the age of 16, it did make me laugh at times, and even get a little emotion at one point, and had it's cheesey moments but this book did have it's flaws.


So i give this book a 3.5 stars out of 5

I am also doing the Eclectic Reader Challenge 2013, this books is in the categories of 5 New Adult. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your review for the Eclectic Reader challenge.
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete